Carpet can still be the perfect kind of flooring for your space. It’s not made like it used to be, either. And that’s a good thing. Today’s carpet can come in a wide variety of construction and colors that will suit whatever need you have when choosing the right one for your space.
Questions to Keep in Mind
If nothing else, there is a list of questions that will guide you on your carpet purchasing journey. Just keep them in mind and consider them. They are as follows:
- How much foot traffic will the room get?
- Is the room for entertaining or will it be used as a center of activity?
- Will the carpet be in direct sunlight?
- How will the room be used, generally?
- Is there direct access from the outdoors to the room? Especially to where the carpet will be?
- Will any elderly individuals be using the carpet?
- Will pets use the carpet?
- Will the carpet be used indoors, outdoors, or in a location like an outdoor patio, with coverage?
- How will your color and or pattern choices work with the other items in the room?
- How many square feet are necessary to complete the work accurately?
With these questions answered or not needed, it will make choosing the right carpet for your space a lot easier.
There are a few kinds of construction options available when choosing the right carpet. The first is called a cut pile. Cut pile construction is durable because of the way the fiber is built up. It’s perfect for highly trafficked areas.
Loop pile is another type of construction. Loop piles create a uniform look that can also hold up well in high-traffic areas and can come in multi-level loop fashions.
Lastly, there is the cut-loop pile, which combines cut and looped yarns. This allows a variety of surface textures and effects like chevrons, swirls, or squares. The cut-loop pile is rather effective at hiding stains and soil, so it can be good for locations near the outdoors or prone to stains. And naturally, carpets come in just about any color you can dream of. If you want to learn more about choosing the right carpet for your space then please call us at 1-800-526-7847!