Stain Removal Guide - Lipstick
2) Prepare suggested cleaning solutions below, beginning with the first one listed.
3) Pretest the cleaning solution on an inconspicuous spot of carpet to ensure it does not discolor or damage the carpet.
4) Apply the cleaning solution to the stain area. Work from the outside of the stain toward the center.
5) Allow the cleaning solution to remain on the spill for at least five minutes.
6) Blot with a clean white cloth until no more stain transfers to the cloth. Do not rub the stain area or you might damage the carpet fibers.
7) Rinse with cold water.
8) If you can still see the stain, repeat the above process until either the stain is removed or the stain no longer transfers to the cloth.
9) If the stain remains, try the next solution on the list and follow the same protocol above.
10) If the stain persists after trying each of the solutions, contact a professional cleaner.
11) Once the stain is removed, place layers of white paper towel on the site to absorb any moisture. Weight down the towels with a non-staining glass or ceramic object. You can let them sit overnight.
12) When the carpet is dry, vacuum to restore the texture.
Non-acetone Nail Polish Remover
- Use it undiluted.
Dry Cleaning Fluid
- or a liquid spot remover from the grocery store or hardware store. Buy non-flammable if possible.
- Mix 1/4 teaspoon mild liquid dish soap with one cup warm water.
- Mix 2 tablespoons clear, white non-suds ammonia and 4 cups warm water.
- Mix 2 tablespoons white vinegar with 4 cups warm water.